GLUE ZINE

REVIEW INFO: If you want me to review your CD/record or demo send me an email for info etc. If you send me a link to your myspace page or a link to where I can download it, then i'm afraid i'm not gonna review it. If you make the effort to send me your release then I will make the effort to review it, Artwork, layout & the lyrics to me is an important thing which I don't experience unless I have the release in my hand. if you want me to review your CD or demo send me an email.



peacheyukhc@yahoo.com



Monday 24 January 2011

TWITCHING TONGUES interview.



Interview with Colin Young singer with Twitching Tongues.


1, WHERE ARE YOU GUYS FROM, WHO'S IN THE BAND, HOW DID YOU FORM & WHEN?
My brother and I are from Los Angeles, and Keith and Mike live in Orange County.
In late 2009 Taylor and I wrote the demo, in February of 2010 we finished it, then released it in March. Keith filled in for Ruckus at the time, and we all loved him, so we asked him to play bass. We had a hard time finding a drummer for a bit, and then we found out that Mike already knew all the songs, so we practiced with him and knew he fit right in.
Around here, I've seen tons of hardcore/punk bands come together just because certain people played instruments, not even really knowing one another. They're bandmates before friends and I never liked that. It's definitely the opposite with Twitching Tongues, it's my brother and now some of my best friends. Couldn't ask for a cooler lineup of people.

2, WHERE DID THE NAME COME FROM?
My favorite Only Living Witness song, "Twitching Tongues". I implore everybody to check it out!

3, HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOUR SOUND & WHO WOULD YOU SAY ARE YOUR INFLUENCES?
Rock/Metal influenced hardcore, although some might argue we aren't a hardcore band at all because of the clean vocals.
The first demo we did was 5 songs, drawing from Type O Negative, Only Living Witness, Life of Agony, Pantera, even some R&B aspects for silly vocal pointers. 3 of them being our demo, one of them will be on the 7", and the other the first song on our LP. Funny that the first song we wrote won't end up being heard until our LP.

4, YOU PLAY DRUMS IN RUCKUS, DO ANY OTHER THE OTHER GUYS IN T.T PLAY IN OTHER
BANDS?
Taylor, Keith and I all play in Ruckus, Keith and sometimes Mike play in Creatures, I play drums in Alpha & Omega, and Taylor plays drums in Nails.

5, WHAT HAVE YOU RELEASED SO FAR?
Just the 3 song demo! The title track of our upcoming 7" can be heard on our myspace page though!

6, I HEARD YOU PLANNING ON A 7INCH, TELL ME ABOUT THAT.
We should have them by the time we hit Europe in March! Our friend Nick Heitman at Photobooth records is putting it out.
3 songs, 2 new, and a cover of Pentagram's "Forever My Queen", we also have an LP completely written and it's about 90% done recording-wise. Can't wait to have them both out.

7, YOU'RE PLAYING SOME SHOWS IN EUROPE SOON, ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT, YOU
EVER BEEN TO EUROPE BEFORE?
Can't wait! I just did Europe with Alpha & Omega, Trapped Under Ice and Bane, and it was a total blast, although for some reason my body clock and Europe did not mix well, I was tired 24 hours a day. It was bullshit! Very much looking forward to going back with Twitching Tongues and Ruckus though, even though the tour is shorter than my previous one.

8, HOW DO YOU THINK KIDS WILL REACT TO YOU IN EUROPE AT SHOWS?
I really don't have a clue yet, I have a feeling we won't be getting crazy reactions, but hopefully they'll watch and enjoy what they hear so the next we come can be even cooler!

9, DO YOU PLAY MORE HARDCORE SHOWS OR METAL SHOWS, WHAT REACTION DO YOU GET FROM
WHEN YOU GUYS PLAY?
We've only played hardcore shows to date. I have a feeling that's the way it'll be for quite a while too, and I have absolutely no problem with that. The kids that have heard us before will sing along and occasionally punch somebody, and the kids who haven't heard us will either love it or hate it, but I always love it when people talk to me after the set and tell me it was their first time hearing us and that they enjoyed it. Coolest feeling in the world.

10, WHAT KINDA THINGS DO YOU WRITE SONGS ABOUT?
Call it corny, but I've written A LOT about love/girls and that bullshit. Never had the best experiences with any of that. My fault for the most part... I've written about family members, weird metaphoric shit about dreaming, and religion. Hopefully everybody can decipher which is which when the 7" and LP come out :)

11, WHATS BETTER DRUMMING OR SINGING??
Singing, hands down. Something about playing drums on tour just doesn't feel right to me. Singing is also just much more fun in my opinion, jumping around and pointing my finger like an asshole just feels so right...

12, WHATS YOUR MYSPACE LINK OR FACEBOOK PAGE?
www.myspace.com/twitchingtongues,
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Twitching-Tongues/104625269580494,
TWITTER @twtchngtongues



1 comment:

  1. Really dig this band. Hoping for a Richmond or Virginia Beach show in 2011

    ReplyDelete