GLUE ZINE

REVIEW INFO: If you want me to review your CD/record or demo send me an email for info etc. If you send me a link to your myspace page or a link to where I can download it, then i'm afraid i'm not gonna review it. If you make the effort to send me your release then I will make the effort to review it, Artwork, layout & the lyrics to me is an important thing which I don't experience unless I have the release in my hand. if you want me to review your CD or demo send me an email.



peacheyukhc@yahoo.com



Thursday 10 February 2011

UNSTABLE FOUNDATION interview.




1, SO YOUR AN OLD BUT NEW BAND, CAN YOU EXPLAIN THE CONNECTION WITH 4 IN THA
CHAMBER .

Well, UF was started in March of 2009 a few weeks after 4ITC broke up. It was started by Dave and me (Frankie - both original 4ITC members). That is pretty much the only connection. Unstable Foundation is a new band with new music.

2, WHO'S IN THE LINE UP NOW, ANY ONE FROM THE ORIGINAL 4ITC?
Frankie – The original 4ITC guitar player. Unfortunately, Dave had to leave last year to pursue becoming a chef. We are still best friends to this day. He misses everyone and makes a mean meatloaf in the process

The non 4ITC members are:

Scott – Vocals (First Band, but tried out for American Idol)
Paul - Drums (ex Sworn Enemy)
Chris – Bass (ex Full Blown Chaos)

3, TAKING IT WAY BACK WHEN DID YOU GUYS START 4ITC?

Now I’m feeling old. We started 4ITC in Feb of 1995 and stayed a band until 2009. It was a fun run, but nothing lasts forever. We have been through 5 singers and 11 guitar players. It was time to kill it.

4, UNSTABLE FOUNDATION WAS THE NAME OF YOUR 1ST MCD, WHY DID YOU CHOOSE THIS
NAME FOR THE NEW BAND?

We were going to name the band something like “Bear vs. Toddler” or “ I Wrestled A Mexican Once” but we figured it was easier to go with “Unstable Foundation”. It required no thought, no energy and it was already there. So, once we started a new one with ex members; it just seemed to fit. And everyone was on board with it.

5, SO YOU HAVE YOUR FIRST CD OUT, ARE YOU PLEASED HOW IT TURNED OUT?
We are really happy with it. We got to work with a great engineer in Rockland County , NY by the name of Max Velez. He’s an awesome dude and an extremely talented guy. It’s been a little slow getting it out into the world, but things take time. Usually, this stuff is not an overnight success. Then again Scott was on American Idol, so that should boost our sales by 2 or 3 records

6, YOU HAVE SOME GREAT GUEST VOCALS ON IT, IS THAT JUST FRIENDS OF THE BAND?

Absolutely, we are all friends. Sal Enemy has been friends with us for a long time. Plus, our drummer Paul used to be in Sworn Enemy. So we asked him to come down and it just fit. The same thing happened with Martin from Billy Club Sandwich. We have all known each other forever. The other guest vocals are Bobby Brazen (ex 4ITC/Slam One Down) and Dante from the band Undivided. That are all really talented guys and we were ecstatic to be able to have their voices on our CD. It was a great time had by all.



7, 4ITC HAD SO MANY DIFFERENT SINGERS, YOU THINK YOU FINALLY FOUND A STEADY
LINE-UP?

Well even though Unstable Foundation is the name of our first 4ITC record, we are by no means going to drag it out like 4ITC. Scott is a great addition to the band and he is not going anywhere. (Unless Simon Cowell calls him) We have fortified a solid line up of people that are in it for the love of playing music. 4ITC was an ego trip and a lot of the newer members didn’t really understand how being in a band worked and had alternate motives. I guess our mistake was taking in new members too quickly and not really taking the time to see if they fit. It will not happen in Unstable Foundation. We are all much older, wiser and clear headed since it takes a lot more beer to get us drunk



8, WHAT EVER HAPPEND TO THE ORIGINAL 4ITC SINGER, DO YOU EVER HEAR FROM HIM?

He became a Unick and started a 2012 religious cult with other Unicks. Last I heard he was currently trying different recipes for cyanide fruit punch for the big event on December 21, 2012.
Oh you wanted the truth?
Actually, no one knows what happened to him he had a falling out with the band in the end, but I think the Unick/2012 story is a lot better because it’s just too funny


HOW DID YOU FIND THE SINGER YOU HAVE NOW?

We had open tryouts. We weren’t looking for a guy that has been around for a long time. We were looking more for someone that was a little younger, that was still hungry and would work well with the rest of the band. He contacted us when he saw our ad, came down and did a good job. We heard he tried out for American Idol and were like “wow!” .. lol The rest is history. Though we torture him like a kid brother, he is a good fit!


10, ARE ANY OF YOU GUYS IN ANY OTHER BANDS?

Not at the moment. All members are just in UF. Want to start a side band?
We all have full time jobs and lots of responsibilities that go with them. So, all our free time goes to UF.


11, HOW DOES THE SCENE DIFFER NOW FROM WHEN YOU GUYS FIRST CAME OUT?
In my honest opinion it’s dying. There are much less places to play these days and the turnouts aren’t like they used to be. We play the music we love, but we wish more people loved it more. Now when a band you don’t know goes on, most people go outside while they play. (Even in the winter) Also, everyone you know is in a band these days. I can go on for days about this, but I’m sure your readers are bored of what I have to say already, why torture them more?

12, YOU THINK ITS BETTER NOW OR BETTER BACK IN THE 90'S?
It was way better in the 90’s.. More people came down and supported bands. Everyone watched you and if you sucked, you knew it!

13, WHATS THE REVIEWS BEEN LIKE FOR THE NEW CD?
Everyone that hears it tells me they love it. (Unless they are lying to me in the same way my mother told me I was handsome). I would love to find more reviews and I would have no problem sending a cd to anyone that wants to review it. Positive or negative! Just hit me up frankie4itc@yahoo.com

14, YOUR CD CAME OUT ON ON THE ATTACK RECORDS HOW DID THAT COME ABOUT?
Sammy from On the Attack is old friends with Dave and I, liked the new band and then offered to put our CD out. We released it in June of 2009 and It’s called “Strength Through Determination”. Pick it up, you won’t be sorry!

15, WHATS UNSTABLE FOUNDATIONS PLANS FOR THE REST OF 2011?
Play as many shows as possible. Get the music out there to everyone and hopefully just have a lot of fun. I have been playing in bands since I am 14 (20 years, yeah I’m old) and I honestly don’t know what to do if I wasn’t playing. So, until my legs are falling off and I have to be carried off the stage I will keep playing. Same goes for Chris and Paul. We are still trying to figure out Scott’s story. Did you know he tried out for American Idol?


16, HOW CAN PEOPLE HEAR YOU, WHERE CAN THEY GET YOUR CD FROM & WHATS YOUR
MYSPACE LINK?

www.myspace.com/unstablefoundation

17, I KNOW YOU GUYS WANNA PLAY IN EUROPE, HOW CAN PROMOTERS READING THIS GET IN
CONTACT WITH YOU GUYS?

First off, we would love to play overseas. So hit us up!
unstable.foundation@yahoo.com
(Frankie)frankie4itc@yahoo.com or (Scott) ihad240@gmail.com


18, ANY LAST WORDS & SHOUT OUTS.

Thank you for taking the time to do the interview and reviewing the CD. From the heart, the band appreciates it.

As far as shout outs:

John and Apparition (formerly Waist Deep In Flesh), Undivided, Slam One Down, Billy Club Sandwich, Sworn Enemy, Full Blown Chaos, Heartbeatstill, Diary of Demise, GFY and everyone that supports us thank you!



The links to there myspace, facebook, reverb nation.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Unstable-Foundation/161304773912234

http://www.myspace.com/unstablefoundation

http://www.reverbnation.com/unstablefoundation

No comments:

Post a Comment