GLUE ZINE

REVIEW INFO: If you want me to review your CD/record or demo send me an email for info etc. If you send me a link to your myspace page or a link to where I can download it, then i'm afraid i'm not gonna review it. If you make the effort to send me your release then I will make the effort to review it, Artwork, layout & the lyrics to me is an important thing which I don't experience unless I have the release in my hand. if you want me to review your CD or demo send me an email.



peacheyukhc@yahoo.com



Tuesday 27 April 2010

BIG DEAL interview

For me the best band I heard since living in Sweden has gotta BIG DEAL so I asked guitarist XantonX a few questions


1, Big deal are from Sweden but what part of Sweden?
Big Deal is originally from Jönköping which is located in the southern part of Sweden, but Jake and Love moved to Malmö awhile ago so its split up between the two.

2, Who’s in the band & what do they play & how did BD start, how did you guys meet & decide to start a band
I pretty much met everyone in this band by going to local shows here in Jönköping, Jake played drums in a metal kind of band and Love used to do vocals in another band that blew the fuck up once he left haha. I always wanted to do a band since i was like 16 or something, but since there wasnt any guitar players wanting to play real hardcore i picked up a guitar and learned myself how to play and like 2 years later once i could play well enough we started to practice. We got Jake, myself, Martin and Love together for our first practice at the old local venue we used to run (RIP China) and we wrote our first song. We played our first show after a couple of practice sessions and it probably sounded pretty bad haha.
Martin left after awhile and we got our (young) man Amandus to play bass.

Current lineup is myself on guitar, Amandus Young on bass, Love on vocals and Jake on battery.

3,You guys did a demo & a 7inch I hear your recording soon, whats that gonna be for another 7inch?
Yeah we're going into the studio very soon to record a couple songs for a split 7" with Never Again from the UK. Sike!!!!!

4, Is that gonna be a split, what lables that gonna come out on, Tell me about that.
Split yeah mang, primarily on Green Menace Records! And maybe some others i dont really know right now.

5, So how did it come about green menace releasing your first 7inch?
I was around for that but Love and Bergfjord BS:ed one night, and one thing lead to another i guess and he wanted to release us!

6, Is anyone else in big deal in other bands?
I am, and i think Amandus is jamming with a few as well.

7, I know your in about 100, tell me a bit about each one.
I slap da bass in Bad Intentions which is a old style kinda hardcore band with some punk and oi-influences. http://www.myspace.com/badintentshc
I play guitar in a band called Values. http://www.myspace.com/valueshardcore
And most recently i joined Negative Vibes on guitar!

8, What shows have big deal got coming up?
None right now but we have some plans!

9, Have you guys played outside Sweden yet? Where did you play & how where the shows?
Yeah we did a euro tour last year which was awesome, playing in Belgium, Germany and Poland pretty much ruled.. Poland is fucking awesome.

10, Tell me a little bit about the Swedish hardcore scene, the best bands we should look out for.
The swedish scene is getting better and better! Kids are actually stepping up now and starting their own bands which is awesome, there has always been a couple of people doing bands but now theres new kids coming up and thats way cool.
As far as shows go, there usually good and have a positive vibe which is cool, even if i personally would love to see more people fucking shit up and letting loose and not trying to make friends with everybody.

11, So when can we hear new music from BIG DEAL?
This summer! Hopefully in July.

12, where can we buy your music from?
Green Menace Records, Monumenthq.com !

13, any last words shout outs.
None mentioned none forgotten..

and oh, check out GREEN MENACE RECORDS!!!






Check out BIG DEAL on there myspace page www.myspace.com/bigdizzlehc & like anton said GREEN MENACE RECORDS too.

No comments:

Post a Comment