GLUE ZINE

REVIEW INFO: If you want me to review your CD/record or demo send me an email for info etc. If you send me a link to your myspace page or a link to where I can download it, then i'm afraid i'm not gonna review it. If you make the effort to send me your release then I will make the effort to review it, Artwork, layout & the lyrics to me is an important thing which I don't experience unless I have the release in my hand. if you want me to review your CD or demo send me an email.



peacheyukhc@yahoo.com



Sunday 25 April 2010

RICO 17 STITCHES interview





I wrote my boy rico for an interview because he seems to be doing good stuff for german hardcore putting on the best shows etc, I've known him for quite a few years now, he was the guy who first gave SIX FT DITCH the first chance to play in germany all those years ago, & he's been a really good friend over the years, but I always wondered how it all started...

1, So when did you put your first show on, & can you remember who played on that show?

Of course. (laugh) first show is something you never forget. It was a pretty fucked up and bad one (laughs). It goes back to 2003, it was with Rise and Fall and The First Step. The bands played a great set. But the show in Bochum was in some underground junkhole runned by some punks. At that moment these punks had big problems with the authorities. The show was illegal, so i couldn’t do any big promotion. The result was that not many people showed up. Lots of local punks who showed up just watched the show outside, because they complained about the high entrance. It was 5 euros, haha. After this first disaster i learned a lot, so luckily the next shows were much better.



2, You seem to put the best shows on in germany, what shows have been your favorite ones you have put on?

Really? Thanks man, that’s a great compliment. Well I just like music and I always follow my heart. I never have an potential to create something to make money. Most of my shows start with an cool idea. When this plan seems to work out in the end and kids go home with a smile and had a great time then i’m really happy. Favourite ones? There’re just to many to mention. The Break down the Walls, Maximum Destruction or the infamous FWH festivals were something special. The first edition of Bringing back the glory couple of weeks ago was also amazing.



3, Whats the best & worst things about putting shows on?

Well the best thing about putting up shows is definitly, i can see the bands i really like. Worst things for sure are, you normally can’t enjoy it the way you want it haha! There’s always a lot of stres involved which affects your mood. Plus another bad thing about it, most of the time i'm broke. Because i dont work with any sponsors or companies, everything is diy!


4, Where did the name 17Stitches come from?

About 12 years ago i had a serious accident. The wound at my head got 17 stitches. I’m not gonna tell any more details about this accident haha! Just let me say it like this: don’t mix drugs and alcohol too much.



5, What would your dream line up be if you could pick 10 bands/artist alive or dead?

I got a couple of new shows comin up which (i think) have some dream line-ups for example the All Out War, Breakdown, Maximum Penalty show on 13th August. This show is gonna be crazy.

If i could choose a wet dream line-up then Fury of Five, Bodycount, Crown of Thornz, Neglect, Mushmouth, No Warning, District 9, Leeway, Bulldoze, Born from pain (old RTC line-up), Full Court Press, Cold as Life (with Jeff) and Drift should be on it.


6, I hear there is a DVD in the works can you tell me about that?

Yes it’s true, we’re working on a video compilation. It will hopefully come out at the end of the year. The dvd will feature footages of Bringing back the glory, FWHfest and some other shows.


7, What shows do you have comming up?

The 17Stitches & FWH Barbeque party on 5th June. Followed by a new edition of Filled With Hate fest which will be on 6 & 7 August. Then one week later the All out War, Breakdown & Maximum Penaly show will be. In October is a cool show with Death Threat coming up.

And keep your eyes open for an new edition of Bringing back the glory somewhere in March 2011.


8, You have worked with lots of bands, what bands have you really enjoyed working with?

To be honest there’re to many bands to mention. Bands who help out and show respect when things get rough, like when you loose money are the best ones.


9,Any last words or shout outs??

First I would like to thank you for the interview. Good luck with the zine. Keep it up! Then i would like to thank everyone for coming out to my shows, without you guys these shows are nothing.
I hope to see you guys soon again.

1 comment:

  1. Great interview !
    apparently Rico and I see eye to eye when it comes to the DIY aspect of hardcore... respect,
    mister !
    - Edward

    ReplyDelete