GLUE ZINE

REVIEW INFO: If you want me to review your CD/record or demo send me an email for info etc. If you send me a link to your myspace page or a link to where I can download it, then i'm afraid i'm not gonna review it. If you make the effort to send me your release then I will make the effort to review it, Artwork, layout & the lyrics to me is an important thing which I don't experience unless I have the release in my hand. if you want me to review your CD or demo send me an email.



peacheyukhc@yahoo.com



Wednesday 28 April 2010

HORRORSTRUCK interview.



Horrorstruck is a pretty new band, but its got my boy craw in so I had to make a point of knowing the score.

1, So Horrorstruck is a pretty new band, can you give me a history.

Yeah ... I've been playing bass in Six ft. Ditch for about 6 or 7 years ... It's gone so fast I can't remember the exact time. Because sfd play sporadic shows these days I wanted .. No i needed a band I could hold down consistently. I'd heard about, seen then played a few shows with a local band called Hellmouth who were getting a good reputation as musicians with nice ideas ... the vocalist at the
Time was gathering a different reputation, things went stale and the band disintegrated ...

I got in touch with guitarist chris .. Learned their set and Jammed out a couple of shows before realising we could rewrite a while
New set of better tunes ... Once we started writing a decision was taken to scrap hellmouth and form a new band with our new sound. Hellmouth had a clevo type
Sound and there was a " holy terror " vibe lyrically. That stuff is so far removed from my lifestyle and realm of concern that it had to go.

Then came HORRORSTRUCK

I write all the lyrics ... We write the music together as a 4 piece

Bass - matt
Guitar - chris
Drums - tom
Vocal - craw

2, Are any of you guys in any other bands?

Just me ... Currently in six ft ditch on bass ... Filling in on bass for knuckledust and in talks to reanimate some scab version of blades of unity which is a band I formed in 2001 during a tour of Ireland with from the ashes ( a band I played bass for back in the day ).

3, You played running riot last year how was that?

That was a good show for us to get ... Many thanks to may from total rock for the slot. The London scene has always been very good to my bands .... LBU despite the press they get are some of the nicest and most caring people in the UK scene ...

4, There seems to be a lot of new blood uk bands comming at the moment, is there any we should be looking out for??

New and old bands that need name dropping ..... Hard target, ambush, cold ones, face of Christ, mental block, precinct 13, bays, the process, vorhees ( reunion show 24th April in Leeds ), 50 caliber, ninebar ( new record dropping soon ) prowler, diction, special move ..... Check all
Those bands out !!!

5, How would you describe horrorstrucks sound?? whats your influences?

Neglect is a big influence ... Not so much on sound but definately the vibe .... Someone said to me at a show in Manchester " watching your band really upset me .... It's the most negative vibe I've had at a hardcore show "

I Smiled and walked away - job done

He was expecting an apology or something ....?

6, Where do you get Lyric idea's from?

From life .... Nothing made up in my lyrics .... Most songs are about the despair of losing my little brother.

Others are attacks on radicals ... The BNP ( Nazi party ) are gaining power where I live ... A lot of inbred racism and hatred based on colour ... So I attack them.

Rich kids infiltrating OUR street music .... They get it too.

Neck tattoos and nothing else means your a posing prick ... You're not down with us !

7, I heard you just played bass in knuckledust as stunt cock, how did that come about? & how where the shows?

Yeah that's right hahaha

I speak to ray who plays drums for KD a lot ... Usually about football !! He's irons ( west ham ) and I'm RED ( Liverpool FC ) ..... ( 3-0 by the way ).

One day out of the blue I get a message .... " you wanna play bass for Us for a few shows on the mainland as
Nicky has to work"

I've never typed a reply so fucking fast!

Knuckledust are the UK's finest most real hardcore band .... Fact

It's because of them I'm still involved in it all ( along with other bands from the 90's like stampin ground, ninebar, special move )

We played Germany, France and Belgium over 6 shows

I got to share the stage with Agnostic Front, Strife, boxcutter, wisdom in chains, skarhead and tons of others ... My boys in ratface too !!!

8, I really love your demo, are you planning to release a cd & if so what lable is it gonna be on??

Cheers bro ... That demo has been getting good reviews from a lot of people I respect here in the uk and over seas

Rucktion records from London have expressed an interest in working with us and it would be an honour to put it out through them ... Watch this space !

We've penned 5 new songs since the demo so expect a full length

9, Are you guys planning to play some shows outside the UK?

If anyone will put us on we will play !

We've played over 20 shows already in the uk ... London, Manchester , Durham, Stoke , Chester to name a few ...

Chester is where we all live and the scene here is picking up momentum

But yeah ... We want to play Europe for sure ... Pull some strings man haha

10, Brianna banks or jenna jameson??
I'd throw a mix up both

11, Any last words, shout outs?

Believe me ..... I'm in this until my fucking heart stops

RIP kevin coyle ... Miss you dearly

Props to my brothers in six ft ditch, ninebar, knuckledust, special move, face of Christ, supernought, the blades, pound for pound, nasty, in blood we trust, injury time, kartel, BCS, red eyed devil, mickeys crew, skarhead, tension, bastard love child, hard target ... All the heads I can't remember you know who you are !

Nice one for the interview nugga

Horrorstruck 2010





CHECK OUT HORRORSTRUCK ON THE MYSPACE PAGE http://www.myspace.com/becomehorrorstruck

No comments:

Post a Comment