GLUE ZINE

REVIEW INFO: If you want me to review your CD/record or demo send me an email for info etc. If you send me a link to your myspace page or a link to where I can download it, then i'm afraid i'm not gonna review it. If you make the effort to send me your release then I will make the effort to review it, Artwork, layout & the lyrics to me is an important thing which I don't experience unless I have the release in my hand. if you want me to review your CD or demo send me an email.



peacheyukhc@yahoo.com



Friday 16 April 2010

BOXCUTTER "the ill testament" review


When I first heard that boxcutter we're going to do a new CD I got really excited, I love Ismean & everything he has ever done, he's one of the real people in hardcore that you can believe he really is mean. Its hard to belive that there last cd PITBULL WAYS came out way back in 2003, so at last the wait is over for the latest boxcutter release.


For those who don't know boxcutter is a super group featuring members from bands like FURY OF FIVE, ONE MAN ARMY,WISDOM IN CHAINS, KRUTCH & OUT TO WIN. This is there third release & 2nd full length.


First track on & its hip hop, so many hardcore bands have hip hop on there cd's I read someone once that six ft ditch was too blame for this haha, But people have been rapping in hardcore for years & even bands like UNDERDOG did it, so anyway first track KINGZ OF THUGZ & we even get to hear RICHIE KRUTCH rap a verse, KINGS OF THUGZ is the first of 3 hip hop tunes on the cd, 2 straight up kinda hip hop & the last a more crunk style new school, nice to hear some MOBB DEEP, BRAND NUBIAN lyrics thrown in for good measure.


‘CROWN OF RIGHTEOUSNESS’ Ismean son is featured on this track who goes by the name of J-rock & its all gone a bit LL COOL J, i'm not a big fan of kids on tracks, but the kid does have a good voice for his age & even does a rap.


"LEST DO THIS" has got to be one of my fav songs on this CD, the best lyrics "pick up a chair throw it in the air" well good, Bar room brawl thug rock.


They just recently played a show in Germany which I was gutted I missed, they don't play many shows, so if you get a chance to see them, you really should check them out. if you like Toughguy HC then this is up your street, but I think this appeals to everyone.


I love this cd, at first I was like yeah its pretty good, but now I really love it, its one of those cds, you expect it to be like the last, & in some ways it is, but moved to the next level, I just hope we don't have to wait another 6 years for the next album.


Go get your own copy from https://www.hardcore.gl/

No comments:

Post a Comment